Saturday, June 19, 2010

Can I cash personal checks at the issuers bank without an account there?

My credit union has a hold policy on personal checks, and I don%26#039;t feel like depositing checks and waiting before I can withdraw them. The issuers bank is nearby, and I was wondering if most banks will cash checks issued by them (without any fees) if I don%26#039;t have an account with them.



Can I cash personal checks at the issuers bank without an account there?postage rate





yes there is no fee and you can cash them there



Can I cash personal checks at the issuers bank without an account there? loan



Most will. I do this all the time cuz I cant deal with the holds my bank puts on my money. Most banks require 2 forms of ID and your thumb print on the check. Also, be aware some banks will charge you a fee just to cash the check. I know for a fact that Chase charges a $5 fee. But to me thats better than a 5-10 bus day hold.|||I used to work at a bank. We did that. If the person has an account there, the teller can look up the account %26amp; make sure the check is good, so you shouldn%26#039;t have any problems. Just take your ID with you.|||Yes, the institution that the check is drawn on will cash it; they are legally obligated to do so as long as there are sufficient funds in the account to cover the check. You will have to provide positive ID of course.



If the check is drawn on a local account, your CU shouldn%26#039;t place a hold of longer than 2 days on the check. Generally they should make the first $500 available immediately. Under the procudures of Check-21 they should be able to clear the check immediately though some financial institutions do cling to the old rules that allow them to place a hold on the funds anyway. The only valid reason for doing that would be if your CU is a very small one and still posts transactions manually. A few still do.|||No. They will cash there own checks with two qualifing forms of identification (no ecceptions) and a five dollor fee (minimum) or you can open an account. You might want to even consider a check cashing place.|||yes



with proper identification, the issuers bank will cash a check made out to you. you will need to endorse it (sign it) as you cash it.



In fact, a check is a written order by the person who writes it (the %26quot;maker%26quot;) to the bank to pay the amount indicated to the person indicated (the %26quot;payee%26quot;). By presenting the check directly to the maker%26#039;s bank, you are saying %26quot;here i am, pay me!%26quot;.|||Yes, to the best of my knowledge you should be able to cash a check at the issuer%26#039;s bank. They are the ones that have the money in the first place and this is why your own bank will put a hold on it to make sure their bank will honor the check.|||at the bank i work at you can cash a check made out to you but you have to have proper ID and there will be a 3. fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


celebrate lent © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting